WHO EHA Team
• Dr Tariq Shah (Surveillance officer WHO EHA Mardan)
• Fakhr-e-Alam (EH Engr WHO EHA Mardan)
• Farooq Jan (Pharmacist WHO EHA Mardan)
WHO EHA MARDAN IN GLOBAL HANDWASHING DAY
WHO EHA team effectively celebrated Global hand washing day at four/4 different location in Distt Mardan i.e;
• DHQ Hospital Distt Mardan
• Government Primary School No: 1 for Boys Bikat Ganj
• Children Hospital and
• Anjuman-i-Sarhadi Yateem Khana (Orphan house) Distt Mardan
The presentation of World Health Organization in this important event is characterized by creating awareness in the participants regarding the significance of Global Handwashing Day, conducting health and hygiene sessions and sharing massages relating prevention of communicable diseases, adopting practice of handwashing with soaps in daily life practices.
Following are proceedings from the event:
• Hygiene sessions delivered to the participants, highlighting the importance of hand washing in prevention of communicable diseases particularly diarrheal diseases.
• Practical demo on Six steps of hand washing technique to describe the participants about proper way of hand washing emphasizing on pursuance of the steps while hand washing.
• Provision and distribution of antibacterial soaps among children and participants during sessions in health facilities, school and orphan house to improve their personal hygiene.
• Display and Provision of Banners, pamphlets/brochures to the participating government bodies containing pictorial view of the six steps of hand washing and significance of handwashing with soaps with personal hygiene practices.
WHO EHA ACTIONS IN THE EVENT OF GLOBAL HANDWASHING DAY
1 DHQ-H Distt Mardan
10 Health staff & out patients, Awareness session regarding importance of the event, role of Handwashing in prevention of diseases, practical Demo on WHO recommended Handwashing steps, distribution of Handwashing soaps and display of banner/IEC material relating the event. Provision of Antibacterial soap, banner & IEC charts display.
2 Government Primary School #1 for Boys, Bikat Ganj Mardan
Total 300 Students & 4 Teachers Awareness session concerning personal Hygiene, Handwashing with soaps, Practical Demo on WHO recommended Handwashing steps, distribution of Handwashing soaps and related IEC materials. Distribution of 360 Antibacterial soap & 100 IEC charts.
3 Children Hospital Mardan
80 out patients and 10 Health staff, Awareness session regarding importance of the event, role of Handwashing in prevention of diseases, practical Demo on WHO recommended Handwashing steps, distribution of Handwashing soaps. Distribution of 144 Antibacterial soap & provision of IEC materials.
4 Anjuman-i-Sarhadi Yateem Khana
88 children and 10 administrative staff, Awareness session concerning personal and environmental Hygiene, Handwashing with soaps, Practical Demo on WHO recommended Handwashing steps, distribution of Handwashing soaps and related IEC materials. Provision of 216 Antibacterial soap & IEC charts.