Global Handwashing Day is celebrated in countries around the world, but it is also celebrated virtually via social media tools and campaigns, including:
- October 14 at 10:30 EDT: Live presentation on handwashing hosted by the CDC
- October 20 at 13:00 GMT: Webinar with David Neal exploring handwashing and the Science of Habit hosted by World Vision
- Watch a recording of the American Cleaning Institute’s webinar: Make Handwashing a Habit which features presentations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Global Public-Private Partnership for Handwashing, and others
- To mark Global Handwashing Day 2016 and tie in with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal 6, Taylor & Francis are delighted to offer a free access research collection around hygiene and sanitation to demonstrates how hygiene and sanitation practices differ around the world and highlights the steps being taken to achieve better hygiene and sanitation.
- Share Dettol’s Global Handwashing Day video. For each share, they will teach one child to wash their hands!
Want to plan your own social media campaign for the day? Download the Social Media Toolkit to get started today! And, don’t forget to let the Global Public-Private Partnership for Handwashing know how you plan to celebrate here.
Download the Social Media Toolkit and images like this to share via social media for Global Handwashing Day