Choo Salama, an NGO that promotes hygienic behavior by cleaning school toilets on a weekly basis hosted Global Handwashing Day activities at Ubungo Plaza Primary School (Grade 1-3).
1. Teaching the children about the spread of germs through hands – we applied charcoal on the kids hands and asked them to give each other a handshake.
2. Then we taught the kids how to properly wash their hands – practically with water.
3. Held a quiz contest, with prizes for the winners.
4. We built a “tippy tap” a device that the children will use to wash their hands even though their school does not have running water
5. Meanwhile a cleaning company cleaned all the toilets which were in poor condition due to the lack of water.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive regular updates from the Global Handwashing Partnership or follow us on social media.
© 2017 The Global Handwashing Partnership (GHP).