Location: Peshawar, Pakistan
Organizations: Asia Humanitarian Organization and WHO
Global Handwashing Day was observed by Asia Humanitarian Organization (AHO) in collaboration with World Health Organization (WHO) on October 15, 2014, at two selected primary schools in district Peshawar.
• Govt Primary School (No-4) for Boys; Hayatabad Distt Peshawar
(Street#14, sector-J5, phase-2)
• Govt Primary School for Girls; Hayatabad Distt Peshawar
(Street#1, sector-J4, phase-2)
Proceedings of the event:
AHO team after arrival was warming welcomed by the school head master/mistress together with school faculty. AHO in meeting with school staff shared the GHD celebration agenda with faculty head and a committee was structured to judge: Speeches competition among students, to select boy/girl of the day and to select teacher of the day.
1. Recitation from the Holy Quran
2. Speeches (Head Master/Mistress and AHO)
3. Health and Hygiene Sessions (Focusing Hand washing)
4. Practical Demo on Hand Washing with Steps
5. Speech competition among students
6. Award ceremony:
• Prizes Awards to 1st, 2nd position and garland of flowers to 3rd position in speech
• Certificate to Boy/Girl of the Day
• Certificate to Teacher of the Day
• Facilitation certificate to Head Master/Mistress of the schools
7. END of Session…by Head Master/Mistress & Vote of thanks by AHO
8. Hand Washing Soap Distribution
The presentation of Asia Humanitarian Organization (AHO) in this important event was characterized by creating awareness in the participants regarding the significance of Global Handwashing Day, hygiene sessions on critical times of hand washing and importance of handwashing with soap and hand washing soap distribution.
Procedures of the event:
• Hygiene sessions were conducted to the school students, highlighting personal/domestic hygiene and importance of hand washing in prevention of communicable diseases.
• Practical demo on Six steps of hand washing technique to describe the school students about proper way of hand washing emphasizing on pursuance of the steps while hand washing.
• During the session 4 students were selected by the judges committee, 3 students for the speech competition (on good hygienic practices) and the 4th student to practically demonstrate the 6-hand washing step by washing their hands to the student assemble.
• The event was adorned by keen participation of the school children in the speech competition (on good hygienic practices) among 3 students, which were judged by the judges committee for 1st, 2nd and 3rd position.
• Appreciation certificates and flower ribbon were prearranged for the neat, clean and tidy Boy/Girl of the day Oct 15th among the student category and similar awards were reserved for the clean and tidy teacher of the day among the school faculty members. Selection in both the category was carried out by judges committee.
• Award ceremony:
o Prize of Rs-500 and Rs-200 was awarded to 1st and 2nd position holder respectively and a garland of flowers to 3rd position holder in speech competition.
o After electing Boy/Girl of the Day Oct 15th, appreciation certificates and a garland of flower were awarded to 1st and 2nd position holder respectively.
o Appreciation certificates and a garland of flower were awarded to 1st and 2nd position in the category of “Teacher of the day”.
o AHO awarded a facilitation certificate to the Head Master/Mistress of the schools in honor to cooperate in celebration of GHD 2014.
• The program was over and done with the good words of head master/mistress and vote of thanks by AHO.
• Hand washing soaps were provided and distributed among school students/children and school staff at the end of the program.
Government Primary School #4 for Boys, Hayatabad Peshawar Total 355 Students & 10 Teachers
Awareness session regarding importance of the event, role of handwashing in prevention of diseases, practical Demo on handwashing steps, distribution of handwashing soaps and display of banner relating the event. Distribution of total 1909 soaps and 2 banners with handwashing step photos, (1137 soap and banner to boys school; 772 soap and banner to girls school)
Government Primary School for Girls, Hayatabad Peshawar Total 260 Students & 12 Teachers
Awareness session regarding importance of the event, role of handwashing in prevention of diseases, practical Demo on handwashing steps, distribution of handwashing soaps and display of banner relating the event.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive regular updates from the Global Handwashing Partnership or follow us on social media.
© 2017 The Global Handwashing Partnership (GHP).