Lutheran World Federation in Myanmar celebrated in Rakhine, having organized events students and teachers at 24 schools. Key messages, posters, soap and other relevant materials were provided to all targeted learning establishments. The Global Handwashing Day event closed with students properly washing their hands. Altogether 726 female students and 703 male students participated in the event.
The celebration was held in Rakhine at 24 government schools in 4 Townships: Sittwe, Pauktaw, Mrauk U and Ann. The activities were carried out as follows:
– Provision of materials including soap, towels and buckets|
– The event was opened with the speech of the Head teacher on the Global Handwashing Day
– The representative from LWF talked about the importance of proper handwashing
– Students sang a song about handwashing in Myanmar language
– Teachers explained to the students how to wash their hands properly
– Students paired up and practiced washing their hands with soap
Tags: Myanmar, Lutheran World Federation
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive regular updates from the Global Handwashing Partnership or follow us on social media.
© 2017 The Global Handwashing Partnership (GHP).